To close out Older American’s Month, we want to help you Connect, Create, and Contribute by sharing useful resources to learn more about supporting older victims of crime and abuse.
This work is part of OVC’s National Resource Center for Reaching Victim’s (NRC) effort to increase victims services capacity to identify, reach, and serve victims of crime with limited access to healing supports and just outcomes.
For more info on the NRC contact NCALL’s NRC Project Coordinator, Katie Block.
Learn More About:
Supporting Older Victims of Crime and Abuse
- Abuse in Later Life: Power and Control Dynamics and a Victim-Centered Approach
- Inclusive Services for LGBT Older Adults: A Practical Guide to Creating Welcoming Agencies
- National Indigenous Elder Justice Initiative
- National Hispanic Council on Aging
- National Resource Center on LGBT Aging
- Overview of Adult Protective Services
- Overview of the Aging Services Network
- Prosecutor Training and Resources
- Working with Older Survivors of Abuse: A Framework for Advocates
- Faith Communities
- Tribal Communities
- Immigrant Communities
- LGBTQ+ Communities
- People with Disabilities
- Victims Who Are Reluctant or Lack Capacity