The Lifting Up the Voices video series features older survivors who have experienced one or more of the following: intimate partner violence, financial exploitation, and scams, sexual assault/abuse or stalking. All too often these forms of abuse co-occur.
These videos elevate the resiliency of older survivors of abuse and exploitation while combating ageist assumptions about victims. The stories highlight the impact of elder abuse on older adults and their families as well as suggest effective interventions.
Each video has a discussion guide designed for a multidisciplinary audience. The guide can be used for individual reflection or to discuss the video with a group or training audience. Download the discussion guides below.
Click any image below to launch the corresponding video on YouTube.
- Charlotte & Howard: Financial Exploitation by a Befriender
- Donna: Coercive Control & Abuse in an Intimate Partner Relationship
- Jewel: Intimate Partner Violence including Economic Abuse
- Leonard & Meneleo: Financial Exploitation by Strangers
- Linda: Sexual Assault by a Neighbor
- Mariana: Financial Exploitation by a Befriender
- Mary Ann: Stalking in Later Life by an Acquaintance
- Mary Lou: Intimate Partner Violence in Later Life
- Tammy: Sexual & Physical Abuse in an Intimate Partner Relationship
These videos were produced in 2019 by the National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life (NCALL), a project of End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin: The Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence and Terra Nova Films under award number 2017-VF-GX-K133 awarded by the Office for Victims of Crime, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice. The opinions, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in these materials are those of the contributors and do not necessarily represent the official position or policies of the U.S. Department of Justice.