- Community Partners
- National Stalking Awareness Month (NSAM) (January)
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) (April)
- National Crime Victims' Rights Week (NCVRW) (April)
- Older Americans Month (May)
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) (June)
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) (October)
- ALL Grant Program
Older Survivor Stories
Older survivors of abuse, neglect, and exploitation often display amazing personal strength and courage during difficult times. Too often they are being harmed by persons they care about or love. Many older survivors encounter significant barriers, such as lack of economic resources or affordable housing, which limit the options available to them.
Some older survivors are speaking out about their experiences to help other potential victims know that they are not alone and help is available. We’ve collected a selection of these stories here.
- The Day That Changed My Life Forever by Mary (2014)
- WCADV Coalition Chronicles: Advocacy For Survivors of Abuse in Later Life (2010)
October 2010: Volume 29, Issue 2
The Wisconsin Coalition Against Domestic Violence (WCADV) began to proactively address abuse in later life in the mid-1980’s. In 1999, WCADV formed the National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life (NCALL), a national resource and training center to aid community responses to domestic and sexual violence in later life. The information in this issue of the Coalition Chronicles highlights WCADV and NCALL's shared commitment to ending violence in all families…at all ages.
- And Then He Hit Me, AARP Magazine (2006)
This feature, written by David France, appeared in the Jan/Feb 2006 AARP Magazine. Too ashamed or too scared to speak up, tens of thousands of 50-plus victims of domestic violence suffer in silence.
- NCALL Resource List: Selected Videos on Elder Abuse
- Mickey Rooney's Testimony at the Senate Committee on Aging Hearing, March 2, 2011