- Community Partners
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) (October)
- National Stalking Awareness Month (NSAM) (January)
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) (April)
- National Crime Victims' Rights Week (NCVRW) (April)
- Older Americans Month (May)
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) (June)
- ALL Grant Program
Faith Community Overview
In October 2008, an innovative collaboration between Safe Havens Interfaith Partnership Against Domestic Violence and the National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life (NCALL) was funded by the Office on Violence Against Women of the U.S. Department of Justice. This collaboration examines the juncture of elder abuse and faith on a national level, and seeks to strengthen collaborations among faith community leaders and domestic violence, elder abuse, and sexual assault service providers.
Together, Safe Havens and NCALL developed an Elder Abuse and Faith Toolkit intended to support service providers and advocates as they reach out to and collaborate with local faith communities. The toolkit, Where Faith and Safety Meet: Faith Communities Respond to Elder Abuse, offers resources for service providers and advocates as well as for faith communities. We hope that, working together, service providers and faith communities can respond more effectively to victims and survivors and increase access to community-based services.