- Community Partners
- National Stalking Awareness Month (NSAM) (January)
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) (April)
- National Crime Victims' Rights Week (NCVRW) (April)
- Older Americans Month (May)
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) (June)
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) (October)
- ALL Grant Program
Older victims can benefit from many of the services traditionally offered by domestic violence and sexual assault programs such as individual and peer counseling; support groups; emergency and transitional housing; economic and legal advocacy; and medical accompaniment. Often these services may need to be tailored to address the needs of older victims. Consider hiring older staff and volunteers to work with older victims and evaluate your program. Involve older individuals on the Board and Board committees to evaluate and make recommendations about agency policy and practices.
This section includes materials on evaluating programming; developing outreach strategies; and creating services such as support groups for older abused women.
- It's Our Responsibility
An article encouraging domestic violence service providers to provide services to older victims.
- Analyzing Domestic Violence Programs' Response to Older Victims
- Outreach Strategies for Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Advocates
- In Their Own Words
This DVD and training guide have sections on emergency housing, support groups and advocacy.