- Community Partners
- Domestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) (October)
- National Stalking Awareness Month (NSAM) (January)
- Sexual Assault Awareness Month (SAAM) (April)
- National Crime Victims' Rights Week (NCVRW) (April)
- Older Americans Month (May)
- World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD) (June)
- ALL Grant Program
National Policy and Legislation
Few federal programs or policies address the needs of older victims of abuse. The small number of existing elder justice provisions in federal law have been sparsely funded (if they have been funded at all) and many have never been implemented.
A legislative map detailing the federal programs and funding allocations can be found on Appleseed’s Life Long Justice website.
For more information, please click on the following:
General Accounting Office (GAO) reports with implications for elder abuse victims or offenders
TAKE ACTION: Contact national legislators and advocate for older victims